Monday, April 26, 2010

Of doves and pigeons.

So maybe smart people know this. But I obviously didn't. Here goes the story:
My dad asked me what pigeon was in Spanish. And I told him it was paloma. But then, I was like oh but paloma is dove. So I looked up the word dove and the translation was paloma and then I looked up the word pigeon and the translation was paloma. I am not a person that is easily confused. But this really confused me. I was like, "How the heck are they the same thing?!" But then I digged deeper, and paloma is the name of the bird family or whatever and in Spanish it just stays the same. Umm, thanks Spanish language creators for not creating a word for dove in Spanish. Or a specific one for pigeon.

So this is a stupid random story that no one cares about. But I thought I'd share it anyhoo. (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I hearttt your comments. Like a lot. So please comment!