Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Tamales.

When Christmas arrives on this side of the world, people start making tamales.
    Tamales are a starchy corn dough based thing.They are stuffed with all sorts of stuff.
    Normally, that stuff would be meat (beef, chicken, or pork), veggies (carrots, peas, onions, etc.), and sometimes rice or eggs. Depending on the country.
    In Venezuela, we make hallacas. These are similar to Costa Rican tamales, or Colombian tamales, but they have more icky stuff that I don't like. Like raisins and olives. I know, I know. You can pull those out, but the flavor stays. So I don't like it.
    But I have an insane love for Colombian and Costa Rican tamales.
    So we buy them at Christmas time.
    And while my family is buying hallacas I like my tamales. :)


    They disappear so quickly that I didn't even get a picture of 'em!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    I hearttt your comments. Like a lot. So please comment!